Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Update on Daffodil Lane

Update on Daffodil Lane--

Three weeks ago we began a new journey.  Were we out of our mind?  Sometimes we think so.

The past three weeks have included painting, cleaning, lifting, arranging, rearranging, arranging again.  We have spent countless hours poking around and through items looking for the right one.  We have loaded our truck and car with treasures.  Well, maybe not treasures exactly.  But certainly interesting pieces.  We have driven hours and hours to find the perfect piece.  We have met new people who have offered their advice and assistance.  We have called on friends to help with lifting and carrying.

Sleepless nights are the norm.  My brain does not stop when the clock says it is time to sleep.  Ideas flood my mind pushing any thought of sleep into tomorrow.  An "aha" moment becomes ten or twelve as the clock makes its way to 3 AM.  Who needs all that sleep anyway.

So, how is the new shop looking, you ask.  Well, I am happy to say that it is coming together.  Only a few days ago I sat in the room full of stuff and wondered how I could make any sense out of it.  Then I remembered to see one tree and not the entire forest.  One step at a time.  Slowly but surely sense from chaos emerged.  Or rather is emerging.  Seeing one section come alive is exciting.  Each new thing added brings that look I am working for.

And then it hit me.  If someone actually purchases something from the shop, it will have to be replaced.  At that moment I thought about keeping it all for me!  So much easier.  Then I remembered how much I love seeing other people make their nest perfect.  My hope is that merchandise in my shop will be just what someone needs to make their room feel right.  That makes my heart smile because our home is our refuge from all the noise of the world.

So, we keep adding.  Lifting, arranging, moving.  Creating spaces.  Hoping that when people enter the door of Daffodil Lane, they feel joy.  They smile.  And enjoy a few moments created just for them.

The opening is 10 AM, Saturday, May 7.  Come say hi!


No comments:

Post a Comment