Saturday, March 2, 2013

Destiny

Destiny--

Recently I wrote a blog about an experience in the Seattle Airport.

I wrote about sharing with a man whose daughter was close to death.  Over the next few weeks we kept in contact.  Just this week he wrote me that she had died.  Only 31 years old.  A young mother of two.

He wrote me that he doesn't believe in chance.  He said he believes that we met for a reason, and that reason was to share and carry one another's sorrows.  I agree with him.

A chapter of life has closed.  A new chapter of life has opened.  I will continue to remember he and his family in thoughts and prayers as they walk these new, unchartered waters.

What did I learn from this experience?  I hope I learned to listen to others.  To care for them.  To share life.  To offer support.  And to be grateful for these very precious moments in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment