Monday, August 12, 2013

The Stuff We Smear on Us!


The Stuff We Smear on Us!


Have you ever thought about all the stuff we smear on our bodies?  Well, I gave that a little thought the other day and had a good laugh.  It goes something like this.

After drying off from a nice refreshing shower,  the process begins.  Hydrating lotion is squirted on the legs.  Rub, rub, rub it  in so that the skin stays nice and moist.  Then move to the arms.  Repeat the process.  Next to the chest.  Skin is very thin there so more moisture is needed to keep the skin soft.

Ok--that is done.  Now let's get to the chicken neck.  Really wished someone had told me when I was much younger that giving the sun full control on that neck would someday come back and bite me.  To stop further cracking(!), squeeze the neck cream into the hands and rub it into the neck.  Rub it until it disappears.  Whether or not it does any good--who knows.  But, it makes the old neck feel good so it doesn't hurt.  It doesn't hurt anything but the pocketbook!

Did I mention deodorant?  Smear that all around so that no one will walk in the other direction when you get close.

Lines form around the eyes after years of living.  We don't want those lines now, do we?  Well, there is a lotion to use to help fill in those lines.  Who wouldn't want to use that?  Only takes a minute to apply. Same thing for those lines around the mouth.  If we can help Mother Nature stay away a bit longer, why not!!

Let's move to the face.  Moisturizer is a must.  Just a dot here and there will prevent the face from drying out.  Not on the eyelids, please.  Something else goes there.  The directions say to rub it into the skin in a circular motion.  I slap it on!  The point is to get it on the face, right?  Once it disappears into the skin, it is time for the tinted moisturizer.  Tinted moisturizer with sunscreen gives extra protection from the sun--that same sun that did all the damage!  And tinted moisturizer also covers up those age spots that weren't there a few years ago.

One important body part I have not mentioned is the feet.  Often they are overlooked in the process of smearing.  Since they are our primary means for moving from place to place, they deserve a little lotion, too.  So, let's cover them with a thick cream and then a little abrasive lotion.  Once the abrasive lotion is applied, it is time to rub them.  Let's get all the dead skin cells off those movers and shakers.  Rinsing is the next step.  Then drying and applying a lotion.  The feet now feel like a baby's behind.  Lovely!

Dead skin cells can collect on the face, too, you know.  Time to cleanse the face and apply a microderm abrasion.  Rub that into the face until it feels like sandpaper.  Then rinse, rinse, rinse.  Of course, that step is followed by another lotion.  The face has never felt so soft.  Trust me.  I do that often.

No doubt I have left off some of the smearing we do to ourselves.  Have to admit that I feel better when I have taken a little care of myself.  Whether anyone else notices is not the point.  I know that this is the skin I will live in until the end.  So, maybe I should take better care of it.  Ya think??

Of course cleansing and moisturizing happens prior to bedtime.   Gotta give the skin time to repair after a hard day of meeting all the nasty elements in the air!:)   And when morning arrives, all the smearing begins again.

Oh no!  I forgot the hands!  Gotta run.  Time to apply hand lotion.

It's a wonder I don't slide right out of my clothes!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment