Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Colorful Fall Morning

A Colorful Fall Morning--

It is Saturday morning.  The air is crisp.  The trees are putting on a fashion show.  Some are wearing bright yellow.  Others chose orange.  A few continue to wear greens--all shades.  Well, green is a good fall color, too.  There are a few browns scattered here and there.  One decided a light purple was the best color for her.  The tall grasses have turned a light tan which adds such a soft accent to all the brighter colors.  They are certainly showing off their best colors today.

Since the outside is so astoundingly beautiful, I decided it was time to add bits of color here and there inside the house.  The easiest way to do that is to visit the outside with a pair of scissors in hand and cut a few choice limbs from the tree.  Bringing the outside in is easy for me since I am surrounded by nature.  The leaves won't last long, but until they are finished, they will add natural beauty to the house.

Eye candy is everywhere.  Driving along a city street this week, the vivid colors were screaming at me to stop and look.  It was actually distracting.  Enormous trees clothed completely in reds, yellows, oranges, greens and mixtures of those colors were everywhere.  How proud of themselves they must be.  To be sure they are aware of all the humans who gaze on them in total wonder.  It is their time to shine.  And they are certainly shining.

Soon they will drop all those colorful leaves.  The ground will be carpeted in their offering.  People will gather wheel barrows, rakes, bags and begin the task of removing them.  Piles and piles will call children to jump and play.  Parents will take pictures as a remembrance of this particular fall.  This is the absolute best fall, they will say.  Of course, it probably isn't the best one.  We tend to forget.  So when fall returns, we will once again remark that this one is the best ever.  Fall does that to us.  It catches us off guard.  We are brought out of the ordinary into the extraordinary.  And then it is all done for another year.

Sitting here writing, I am aware that there is something important missing in my life.  That something would be apple cider.  Hot apple cider.  So, I am getting dressed, combing my crazy hair and heading to the grocery store for a gallon of that delightful liquid.  And then I am going to walk among all the fallen leaves.  I am going to look up into the trees and marvel at the wonder of nature.  I may build a fire in the outdoor fireplace and sit with my cider and think on all things beautiful.  Yes, that is what I shall do.

If you are in my neck of the woods, please stop for a visit.  The hot cider is wating!

No comments:

Post a Comment