Saturday, November 16, 2013

Putting Fear Behind Me--

Putting Fear Behind Me--

It could have happened.  Yes, it could.  But, due to my procrastination, it will take longer than I anticipated.  When I think about it, it makes me a little angry with myself.

It was within my grasp.  All it would have taken was a little time and a few instructions.  Instead of getting the help I needed, I simply watched the days go by.  Now I will have to reboot my enthusiasm.

Yes, I could have had my second book ready for you before the holidays.  That was my goal.  Instead, I have pages and pages that are crying out to be pulled together.  So, the question is why I let the time pass without completing this goal.

My only answer to this question is fear.  Fear that you, the reader, will not find any pleasure in my writing.  Fear that I have nothing of value to share.  Fear that no one will want to purchase the new book.  So many things to keep me from accomplishing this goal.

It is time to put fear in its place.  Writing is so personal.  When I put my thoughts out there for others to read, I am sharing parts of me.  It is a bit scary as all control is lost once my part is finished.  Once the words meet your eyes, mind and heart, I can only hope that you are encouraged, or your day is brightened.  I can only hope that you are challenged by my experiences.  If some of what you read adds joy to your life or makes you smile, then I have met my goal.

So, with that I will attempt to pull the pages together and get them off to the printer.  If you are interested in a copy of the new one, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment