Monday, September 23, 2013

Gifts We Can Give--No Money Required!

Gifts We Can Give--No Money Required!

It's a new day.  The sun is shinning.  The air has that lovely crispness to it--like biting into a big red apple.  All is well at our house.  At least until we begin putting up wallpaper.  Sigh.  Didn't I read somewhere that there is always quiet before the storm?:)

Today is full of possibilities.  It is a gift.  I will unwrap it a bit at a time so I can enjoy each part of it.  Perhaps I will see someone who needs a lift.  That will be one piece of the gift I open today.  The gift of listening is one of the most needed gifts.  I can use that gift today.

Should I run into a grumpy person, I will agree with them that life is terrible, and they are so right to feel down.  Then I will open another part of the gift and engage them in conversation.  Isn't it a lovely morning?  How nice to have had a two day weekend.  What wonderful thing are they hoping to acomplish today? It was so nice to spend a few minutes with you. That sort of thing.

I will smile at folks I meet in the grocery store or whatever store I visit.  Sometimes a simple smile is like a gift.  Who knows what type of morning they experienced.  Maybe they need someone to smile at  them.  Another piece of the gift given away.

Emails will post to my computer.  Should one share a need, I will say a prayer and then decide what I can do to help.  That might mean I send a reply, I write a "thinking of you" card, I take a bouquet of flowers.  Don't know what will be needed, but it will be evident within the email that there is a need.  If I can help, I will.  There goes another part of my gift.

There is an entire day in front of me.  This day I will not allow negative thoughts to invade my thinking no matter how hard they work to take center stage.  I will visit with people in a positive manner.  They are entitled to grace.  I shall give that.  I love that word--grace.  It speaks to my soul.  Extending grace is another part of the gift.  It shall remain with me.  This is something I can give over and over.

Do you see this day as a gift?  I sincerely hope you do.  This day will never return.  It will be a memory in twenty-four hours.  When you look back at this day, what would you like to see?  What would I like to see?  The choice is truly ours.

There are more sections of my gift to open.  As the day unfolds, I shall take other parts of the gift and offer it to others.  Today I truly want my life to make a difference.  I know that challenges will appear out of the fog of the day.  But, I also know that I can walk through that fog into the bright sunshine.

Join me, won't you?







No comments:

Post a Comment