Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Start Overs

Start Overs--


You know one of the best things about being human?  Besides eating chocolate and drinking a glass of fine wine?  It would be the fact that we can start over.

What a gift!  Even when we make mistakes or take the wrong road, we get to start over.  Isn't that amazing?  Each day is a new opportunity to redo.  Of course, we must make the decision that we want our lives to be different or tomorrow will look and feel just like today.  It takes an act of our will to start over.

It is important to look closely at our mistakes.  Why did we go there?  What caught our attention?  What held us captive?  When we analyze the whys, we should see a pattern.  If we can isolate the pattern, it is possible to make some corrections.

Even if we see the whys, we still must act or nothing changes.  Yes, it requires action on our part to start over.  We get caught up in guilt or anger or disappointment.  Our feelings seem to take over our common sense.  However, how wonderful it is to walk on the other side of starting over.  What joy.  What relief.  What happiness.  It takes effort to get to that side, doesn't it?

Starting over gives us a clean slate.  Yesterday's actions are certainly part of who we are, but they do not need to be our today or our tomorrow.  Whatever we have done, we get another chance with every dawn.  Each new morning brings such wonderful promise.  We simply have to believe in our own ability to make whatever changes are necessary to grasp that precious promise.

I love knowing that I get another chance.  Whatever the number of my days,  that is the amount of start overs I am given.  No doubt, I will let some of them go.  But, they will always be there waiting for me. I have the opportunity to share with family and friends, to meet new people, to be open to new ideas, to set goals.  Whether I choose to honor each new start over is up to me.  I can honor them by understanding how limited time is.  Using those start overs wisely means I can live a fuller life.

I love the fact I can start over.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment