Monday, July 8, 2013

Thanks and The Lost Cell Phone

Thanks and The Lost Cell Phone--


It is time for me to thank all of you who read my ramblings!  Thank you.  I really appreciate the notes I receive from you.  If you haven't sent a note but enjoyed a blog, please send a note.  Makes my day!

And now for the latest happening.

Last week we bought a pontoon.  There is a medium size lake about forty miles from our house.   Years ago we had a boat and spent many happy hours pulling skiers and tubers.  Now we want to enjoy the water in a different way.  Maybe even learn to fish??  Maybe not.

We launched it this weekend.   Our family joined us.  We had a lovely time.  We took a cooler of food and drinks.   Many towels for wet kids.  Lots of laughs and good conversation.

When we were ready to leave the lake, we moored the boat, unloaded it and headed home.  That is when I realized that I could not locate my cell phone.  Now, that phone has my life on it.  Trying not to panic, my husband called my cell from his.  No sound.  We retraced our steps and our trip.  We looked in the grass.  We searched along the roadside.  No cell.

After we arrived at home and unloaded everything, we took a flashlight and searched the truck.  Under the seats, between the seats, in the truck bed, on the floor.  No cell.  It was then that I feared the worst.  It was gone.  I went to bed trying to think where I might have left it.

Morning came.  We returned to the lake to relocate the boat in another slip.  I asked at the marina if anyone had turned in a phone.  No one had.  We walked around the parking lot trying to remember exactly where we had walked the day before.  Nothing.  The young woman at the marina said she would call me if anyone turned a cell phone in at the desk.

On the way home I made plans to purchase a new phone.  Those cells are like second skin.  They are our contacts with the world.   Since it was close to lunch time when we arrived at home, I decided to have a snack before heading to the phone store.

Opening the cupboard, I grabbed an opened sack of corn chips.  Then to the fridg for a diet coke.  As I looked at the corn chip bag, I remembered that I had almost thrown it away the night before when we returned from the lake.  It was almost empty.  Just enough for a quick snack before heading out for that replacement phone.

Imagine my surprise when I put my hand in the sack and pulled out my phone!!!  I have no idea how it got into the sack.  I jumped for absolute joy!  Ran around the house laughing.  My husband was as astounded as I.  How did it get in the corn chip bag?  No matter!  It was found.  Such relief.  Once again I felt like a whole person!!:)  Well, maybe not that extreme, but I did feel very happy.

For the rest of this day, I smiled.




No comments:

Post a Comment