Saturday, October 5, 2013

Feeling Grateful

Feeling Grateful--

Feeling so grateful.

There are times when that feeling explodes all over me.  It is hard to keep from dancing in the street or jumping for joy when that feeling overwhelms me.  I remember the year I was a volunteer at the Olympics.  It was evening.  My family and I were walking down the street listening to a band.  The music was intoxicating.  Made one want to move.  So I did what any child would do.  I started dancing in the street.  By myself.  I twirled and moved to the beat.  People smiled and laughed.  My family was a tad embarrassed.  I did manage to grab one young family member and pull them into my camp!  I was grateful for the people who made that wonderful music.  They gave me the opportunity to let my spirit soar.  Such a simple thing.

I am grateful that I have a wonderful family.  It is important to me to let them know how much they are loved.  That I am grateful for any time spent together.  Memories made will last us all a lifetime, and I want to pile up memory upon memory for all of us.  Being grateful makes me have a gentle spirit.

My roommate is one heck of a person.  He is loving, caring, kind, funny.  He knows me and most days, he still likes me.  I am so grateful for that.  He is wild about his family.  Who could ask for more?

I am so grateful for beauty.  The beauty of nature simply amazes me.  The other day I took a quiz on the internet to see what type of person I am.  Came back as no surprise--a naturalist.  A person who loves the outdoors, plants, rocks, rustic homes.  Surrounding myself with beauty as I describe it is very important to my emotional well-being.  Sometimes when I drive into the lane to my house, I close my eyes and clear my mind.  Then I open them and try to see my place as a first time visitor would see it.  That little exercise gives me a clear picture of what it really looks like.  If what I see gives me pleasure, then I know all the work has achieved the purpose.  Actually, I do the same exercise inside my house.

Oh---they are calling us to board the plane.

Be grateful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment