Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Incredible Women

Incredible Women

I have the most incredible women friends.  They enrich my life in so many ways.  They are talented, intelligent, caring, fun-loving people.  They are different from one another, yet they share one thing in common. They love helping others.  And because they love helping others who need help, I asked them to join me in a special project.  We call our project Share the Love.  The interesting thing about this group of amazing women is many don't know one another.  We live in different towns, work in different places, attend different churches.  Yet, we all came together to do this one thing-help other women.

All it took was one email.  One email inviting them to join me in sharing what we have with women who are less fortunate.  One email.  That is the type of friends I have.  They responded immediately in such a positive way.  And Share the Love was born.

My husband and I have lived in several states.  Moving teaches you many things.  One of the lessons is if you want to have friends, you have to take the first step.  You have to spend time together.  You have to communicate.  You have to share some interests.  You cannot wait for others to knock on your door. You must be willing to do the door knocking.  Of course, not everyone you meet will become a best buddy.  But over the years many have.

I have spent time with each of the women in this group.  We have shared stories about kids and jobs and life.  We have laughed together and cried together.  We have talked for hours at a time.  We have shared a bottle--or two--of wine.  We have attended events together.  Because of this, I felt good about asking them to join me in this project.

Because we have shared life in so many ways, it seemed natural to ask them to walk down this path with me.  I know them.  I know their heart.  I know their goodness.  Isn't that what life is about?  Sharing it with others?

Know what?  There is always room for one more friend.  One more special person who can teach me something new.  One more woman who has stories to share.  One more. Then one more.  And another.  As I am writing this, my heart is so full with joy just thinking about how much better I am as a person because all these incredible women walked into my life.  I hope I have given something in return that has blessed them.

Our project is called Share the Love.  But, we have opportunities every single day to share love and care with those who come into our lives.  It is not limited to a project.  It is much bigger than any project.  It is life happening.




No comments:

Post a Comment