Thursday, December 12, 2013

Friday's Word

Friday's Word--

It was a happy day.  Nothing exciting happened, but then nothing horrible happened, either.  It was one of those ordinary days that make up the many of our days.  So what made this a happy day?

One thing that made it a happy one was spending it with my husband.  He is a happy person.  I so appreciate his attitude toward life.  He is positive and caring.  Today he gave me a hug, and said how much he would miss me if I weren't here.  He said that since we have spent so many years together, we know one another so well.  He knows what to expect, and so do I.  To be honest with you, not every minute of our time together is blissful.  But, most of our time together is very special.  I cannot imagine life without him.

A friend called.  She and I have known one another for many years.  We have been through much together.  She is a happy spot in my life.  She is someone who knows me very well and continues to make time for me in her life.  I am happy to call her my friend.

Seeing the lights on the Christmas trees made me so happy today.  Dressing the trees is a joy for me.  Switching on the lights for the hundredth time makes me as happy as the first time.  Each time brings a smile to my face and heart.  I love the warmth the trees bring to the rooms.  It is a sad day when they are undressed and packed away for another year.

It is interesting to me how the emotion of happiness can be present one minute and gone in the next.  We are complex creatures, aren't we?   Sometimes we give our ability to experience happiness over to others. We believe that others are the cause our happiness or lack of.  If we take the time to examine that statement, we realize that our level of happiness depends on us.  Others cannot make us happy.  Others can contribute to our feeling of happiness, but we own the ability to find this in life.  Every minute of our lives will not be happy ones.  But, I want others to see a happy spirit when they spend time with me.  Who wants to spend time with someone who is usually in an unhappy state of mind?

Well, Thursday is almost gone.  Throughout this day I thought about happiness.  I realized that there are times when I make the choice to be unhappy.  That is something I can change.  And I will.

A new word.  Friday's word.  Friendship.  That shall be the new word of the day.

This is a word that represents our relationships with others who share this planet.  Let's talk about our experiences tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment