Monday, December 9, 2013

Tuesday's Word--

Tuesday's Word--

My Monday word was gratitude.  I kept it close all day.  Here are some of my experiences with that lovely word.

Early in the day I was aware that I was enjoying the simplest things.  It sounds absolutely crazy, but it is the truth.  As I was doing laundry, I was grateful for a washer/dryer.  When the clothes were dry, and I was folding, I was grateful for clean clothes.  Don't laugh!!

It got worse!:)  As I was cleaning floors, I was grateful that I have a home.  Yes, I was grateful for the vaccuum that allows me to keep our home clean.  Which means I am grateful for floors.  I have been in homes with dirt as the floor.  Having an actual floor is a blessing.  That old vaccuum cleaner is a marvel.

Since I have to take a couple of medications, I was grateful for them this morning.  They keep me well. While I wish they weren't so expensive, I am grateful that they exist.

Later in the morning I met with my Monday book study group.  We have wonderful discussions.  As I looked at each of the people in the group, I was grateful for their intellect, their acceptance, their humor. We have the gift of assembly in our country.  We can meet and discuss anything without fear.  Isn't that a wonderful freedom?

I had lunch with a friend.  I am grateful for her in my life.  She brings a new dimension to my life experience.  And while we were chatting over quiche, a former pastor walked into the room.  It was such joy to spend a few minutes in conversation with him.  I was so grateful for the opportunity to reconnect with him for that few minutes.

When I arrived home mid-afternoon, my husband had soup and cornbread ready.  Who wouldn't be grateful for such a treat on a cold afternoon?  Following soup/cornbread, we watched our grandson play basketball.  We sat with our son and his wife for the game.  I was so grateful for family.

It was a day full  of grateful moments.

My word for Tuesday is kindness.   I am anxious to see the results at the end of the day.  Did you select a  word for the day?  If you did, would you please share with me?  I think this is going to be an amazing journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment