Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Wednesday's Word--

Wednesday's Word--

While yesterday was quite busy, today has been rather quiet in comparison.  However, there were moments when kindness reigned.

My roommate is one of the kindness people I know.  He has such a loving spirit and is always doing kind things for me.  Today was no exception.  Sometimes I wonder if he has a mean bone in his body.  He is kind to everyone.  An example of this is when someone drove into our driveway this morning.

We don't have a doorbell.  That is by choice.  We have a long driveway so to help us know when a car drives up our lane, we have a "dinger."  I honestly don't know the correct name for it.  When a vehicle crosses a line, it rings in the house.  It rang.

Looking out, I saw a man standing by our door.  My roommate answered the door.  When he came in, he said the man represented a particular religious group.  He said he listened for a bit and then, in a kind way,  told him he was not interested.  My guess is those folks who knock on doors are prepared for negative responses or even angry ones.  At my house he received a kind refusal.

Later in the day we decided to Christmas shop.  At one point we were waiting to make a purchase when the clerk turned to wait on another customer.  We waited quite a bit.  Eventually, the other customer noticed that she had interrupted our purchase.  She offered to wait until we finished our transaction.  We could have become upset that we had to wait when it was our time.  But, we were kind to the clerk and to the woman who took our place in line.  I am proud of us for being kind to both of them.

Those are only a couple of examples of kindness in action today.

We are now to Wednesday.  What word?  I think it will be patience.  You know--I need patience, and give it to me NOW!:)  Anyone else ever experience this?  It will be good for me to think about being patient with myself and others tomorrow.  This maybe more difficult than I think.

So, we shall see how patience shows itself tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment